Ms. Vital’s four-year contract provides for 3 percent base salary step increases each year, and an annual $15,000 performance bonus.
The proposed goals for the 2013 to 2014 school year for Ms. Vital are as follows:
- Increase attendance by increasing percentage of students with 96% attendance by 3% as measured in June 2014.
- Increase District wide API by 9 points or more over 2013 base District-wide API (results available October 2013).
- Increase District wide 5th grade math proficient and advanced results by 2 percentage points as measured by the California Standards Test (results available October 2013).
Her goals for the current school year, 2012 to 2013, are:
- Increase attendance by increasing percentage of students with 96% attendance by 3 percentage points as measured in June 2013 based on 180 days of attendance (not including ASTI, Island, or charters and based on June 2012 180-day attendance calculations).
- Increase District-wide API by 9 points or more over the 2012 base District-wide API.
- Increase total percentage of students enrolled in at least one AP course by 2 percentage points as measured in September 2012 enrollment.
Results on the current year goals will reported in June, 2013.
The school board meets Tuesday, October 23rd at 6:30 p.m. in City Council Chambers at Alameda City Hall.