A consortium of local agencies is working with the U.S. Marine Corps Toys for Tots Program to try to ensure that all children in low-income Alameda families receive a toy this holiday season. An estimated 1,250 children have signed up to receive a toy this year.
Toys for Tots collection boxes have been placed throughout the city of Alameda to collect new unwrapped toys. Gifts for older youth, crafts, and sports balls are especially needed.
Collection boxes throughout Alameda:
- Alameda Fire Department Station 1 — 2401 Encinal Avenue
- Alameda Fire Department Station 2 — 635 Pacific Avenue
- Alameda Fire Department Station 3 — 1703 Grand Street
- Alameda Fire Department Station 4 — 2595 MeCartney Road
- Alameda City Hall — 2263 Santa Clara Avenue
- Alameda Police Department — 1555 Oak Street
- Alameda Free Library — 1550 Oak Street
- Alameda Recreation & Park Department — 2226 Santa Clara Avenue
- Alameda Municipal Power — 2000 Grand Street
- Alameda Hospital — 2070 Clinton Avenue
- Bank of Alameda /Marin — 2130 Otis Dr. and 1416 Park Street
- Mastick Senior Center — 1155 Santa Clara Avenue
- Tucker’s Ice Cream — 1349 Park Street
- Rising Star Montessori — 1421 High Street
- Child Unique Montessori — 2226 Encinal Avenue
- Linguini’s — 1508 Park Street
Donations need to be made before the last pick-up on Thursday, December 18th.