Construction work hours are restricted to Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm and from 9am to 3pm. near school locations.
The work consists of replacing aging sewer mains, laterals, and manholes at the following streets:
- Ralph Appezzato Memorial Parkway, Main Street to Third Street
- Eagle Avenue, Constitution Way to just west of Webster Street
- Webster Street, Pacific Avenue to Haight Avenue
- Alameda Avenue, Walnut Street to Union Street
- Versailles Avenue, San Jose Avenue to Central Avenue
- Thompson Avenue, High Street to Fernside Boulevard
- Marina Drive, Tilden Way to High Street
- Fernside Boulevard, Encinal Avenue to Central Avenue
- Broadway, La Jolla Drive to Otis Drive
- Palmera Court and Dayton Avenue
- Clinton Avenue, Paru Street to Lafayette Street
The city is phasing the construction by street blocks to minimize disruptions, and sewer service is not expected to be interrupted.
Residents should expect lane closures, traffic disruptions, increased noise and dust and temporary loss of on-street parking during construction periods.