Starting Thursday, December 31st at 6:01 p.m, all available California Highway Patrol officers will be out in force and deployed on road patrol until Sunday, January 3rd, 2016 at 11:59 p.m.
The Highway Patrol has provided this list of alternative transportation services for New Year’s Eve:
- BART – Extended service until 3:00 a.m. on all lines.
- Caltrain – Free fare from 8:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m., extended service leaving SF until after 2:00 a.m.
- San Francisco Muni – Free rides on all lines from 8:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
- Parking at San Francisco parking meters will be free.
- AAA will also provide complimentary ride and vehicle tow for up to 7 miles for drivers (both members and non-members) who have consumed alcohol. Call 1-800-400-4222 to request a “Tipsy Tow.”
Check with 511.org for a complete listing of public transportation schedules.