There are four governing charter school boards in Alameda to which the law applies:
- Academy of Alameda (oversees Academy of Alameda Middle School and Academy of Alameda Elementary School)
- Alameda Community Learning Center
- Nea Community Learning Center
- Community Learning Center Schools, Inc. (charter management company which operates Alameda Community Learning Center and Nea Community Learning Center)
The Alameda Unified School District board of trustees will appoint one representative to each charter school board after interviewing applicants in public session. The deadline for applications is 5 p.m., December 12.
In order to serve, candidates must:
- Meet all applicable state, local, and charter board conflict of interest requirements.
- Commit to regular attendance at charter board meetings.
- Be prepared to carry out the fiduciary duties of care and loyalty applicable to all other
charter board members.
Representatives will serve a one-year term. Applications are available on the AUSD website and are also attached to this message.